Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday December 7, 2011

Happy Wednesday everyone, I hope your day is going well.  Sorry for the late posting as Eric is telling me, I'm slacking on the job!  Yesterday, I received a nice packet from Duke Medicine, giving a nice overview of the transplant program and what I can expect from the whole procedure. I have my initial consultation on Thursday December 14th. This is when they will test my marrow, and start the search for a donor.  They will explain the transplant procedure and we will plan when the actual transplant will happen.  They said the appointment could take 5 hours, so bring something to entertain myself while waiting.

I want to give a huge thank you to Tech Data, specially to Melissa Lang who informed Eric of their company's blood and marrow donor drive which is going on today.  Melissa let Eric know of the event and he in turn asked everyone he knew to get swabbed for the marrow database.  So thank you to all of you who did, I appreciate you adding to the national database, who knows maybe one of you will be my match!

Other than that I'm just counting the days until we get Buster, I seriously cannot wait to have him home with us!  I have his picture framed in the living room and another on the fridge, and I love getting more pictures from the breeder so I can watch him grow.  I'm already a puppy mom and he's not even here yet!

Hope you all have a good hump day!  Love from 6119.

No comments:

Post a Comment