Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday December 4, 2011

Today is going better than yesterday, I'm on my second to last bag of chemo now.  Unfortunately, I received the news this morning that Tucker is not a match for the bone marrow transplant.  While Tucker and I are super bummed, Dr. Miller doesn't think it will be hard to find a match for me in the national database.  So I'm going to trust him and not worry about finding a donor.  Now, the next step is to have my initial appointment at Duke where they will retest Tucker and begin the search for a donor.  Hopefully, Dr. Miller's nurse has already set up the appointment for the week before Christmas, I'll find out tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow and Dr. Miller says it should be in the morning so hopefully I'll be home by lunch.  Now I'm going to attempt to beat Eric at gin rummy while we wait for the football games to start.  Hope you all have a great Sunday and get a chance to relax before starting the new week.

Love from room 4908.

No comments:

Post a Comment