Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday, December 16, 2011

Tomorrow is Buster day, finally we are almost there, almost ready to bring him home!  Now that I know my time is limited with him I plan on enjoying every moment with him until I have to go for the transplant. I hope he doesn't forget me over three months!

Happy Friday to everyone, I hope it's been a good week and you have a great weekend lined up.   We certainly do!  Today when I get home I'm taking our Rainy Day jar of coins to Coinstar, the money will go to buying Buster a crate and bed along with some baby gates.  I want to find him the best bed so his crate is comfy and homey.  It will be fun to go shopping, I haven't done anything besides grocery shopping in a long time.

I'm at Blumenthal waiting to see if I need any blood products.  I'm expecting to need something, I couldn't be so lucky to get to go home again today!  Poor Norm was here until 6:30 on Wednesday, he was jealous that I got to go home so quickly.  He's getting blood again today so he'll be jealous again if I don't need anything.

It's still crazy to think about the transplant and what it means for the next few months.  There's a chance I'll turn 32 while in the hospital.  I'll be starting 2012 getting a brand new immune system, living in an apartment in Durham, without my puppy.  However, it will be the best thing for me and the beginning of the rest of my life.  Eric and I were talking yesterday how when all this started we didn't expect it to be so long and intense.  I mean nobody plans on going through cancer or what that entails.  We never imagined going through something like this or how it would effect our life.  It definitely makes us stronger and teaches us to appreciate our love and our life together.  Thank goodness we have each other, I couldn't go through this alone.

Well I just found out I don't need any blood or platelets!  I just have to wait for my white blood count!  This is awesome! I hope you all enjoy your day and do something special for yourselves.  Every one enjoys a little fun for themselves.  Love from Blumenthal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment