Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ah Saturday, my favorite day of the weekend.  We went out to get Dunkin Donuts this morning and then we went on a drive, out in the country.  We also made a stop at Bob & Linda's card shop but I stayed in the car since I can't go anywhere.

Of course, I did have a moment this morning that was not so good, I sneezed twice both times with donut in my mouth which sprayed all over the car.  For those of you who don't know Eric's car is his baby and today I blew snot and donut all over his sanctuary.  Yikes and gross, sorry if this is too much information.  Needless to say Eric was NOT pleased.  So when we got home the first thing we did was clean the Cadillac, now it is spotless and "pristine" as Eric likes to say.  What a mess, it was horrible I couldn't stop the sneezes and I didn't get to enjoy my donut and coffee!  Oh well, the truth is when we stopped to get napkins, as Eric left the car I busted out laughing since it was kind of funny, after the fact.

Anyway, yesterday I spent my whole day at the Blumenthal Cancer center, I got there at 8:30 and left at 4:45.  Crazy huh?  It takes two hours per bag of blood plus a half hour for each bag of platelets add that to the hour it takes to match your blood type and you have a long day.  At least I brought lots of stuff to keep me amused and it was a plus that A&E was running a Criminal Minds marathon, love that show!  All in all it wasn't a bad day but it's a long day, which I'll have to do that three days a week!  Hopefully, each time I won't have to have as much blood, it just all depends on my blood counts.  Anyway, this is the life of a cancer patient waiting for a transplant.

Please pray for my white blood cells to come back, I need to be at 6 to be out and about again and right now I'm at .7, I have a long way to go.  Thanks for your prayers and support it means the world and helps me to stay positive.

When I came back from Blumenthal Eric had put up the Christmas tree, that made me happy.  There's just something nice about coming home to a Christmas tree in the front window.  I can't believe it's almost here and soon enough our Christmas present, Buster, will be here!  Today we will decorate the tree while listening to Christmas music!  I just got A Very She & Him Christmas, and it's awesome lots of great classics.  I'm in love with Zoe Deschanel or (however you spell it) and I want her hair, it's beautiful.  Anyway, I have a great day ahead of me and I hope you do too.  Enjoy the weekend!

Love from 6119.

No comments:

Post a Comment