Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Buster is sitting in my lap enthralled as I type on the keyboard.  He did a lot better last night.  He almost slept the whole night.  Now if only we could stop him from biting everything!  I know he's a puppy and he's teething but he's got some sharp teeth and some times he acts like I'm the chew toy!  Eric tells me I need to work on my discipline skills.  I'm such a push over for our cute little baby.

I would like to give a shout out to Geri and Dick Wnuk, who continue to spoil me with presents.  I love the green monster slippers and so does Buster, thank you!  He seems to think they are toys coming to get him, he barks at them, it's really rather cute.  They are super comfortable and warm which I love.  The nurses will love them when I'm back in the hospital for my next round of consolidation chemo.  I see Dr. Miller today so hopefully he'll let me know when I have to go in.  It's very important to keep my cancer in remission so the bone marrow transplant grafts to my body easily.  That's what they call it, grafting, when your body rejects the transplant they call it graft vs host disease, which is common and treatable.

I heard from Duke yesterday, they won't have my results until after the holiday.  They were hoping to be able to use the test from Dr. Miller but it was not deep enough so they will use the blood I gave them on Thursday.  That's fine since we figured it we wouldn't hear anything before Christmas.  Plus, I'll take all the  extra time with Buster!

I can't believe it's the week of Christmas!  I still have some shopping to do!  Today I plan on cleaning the house and then hitting the shops.  Hopefully, I'll get everything in the mail today just in time for Christmas.  I hope you all have a blessed day (as they say here in NC).  Love from 6119.

No comments:

Post a Comment