Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday December 5, 2011

Oh happy day, I'm back home already!  I was afraid it would take longer to get checked out of the hospital but we just walked into the house and it feels so good to be home.  I don't know if it's just being home but I don't feel as bad as I did in the hospital.  My last chemo bag ended at midnight and then they gave me a shot in the stomach this morning to help boost my white blood cells.  The shot might make me feel like I have the flu but it's worth the trouble.  Friday, I will go in for my first visit to the Bloomenthall Cancer center, I'll have to go there three times a week to have my blood counts checked and to receive blood or platelets as needed.  My buddy Norm will also be there Friday so it will be good to see him again.  It turns out he has a 10 year old boxer, we plan on getting the dogs together once we are healthy enough.  That's the funny thing about all of this, we've been fortunate to meet some really good people in a town where we had few friends to begin with.  I guess it just goes to show you, there's always some good that comes from the bad things that happen to us.

It was funny being back to the hospital, back to the "Quad in 4Tower" as they call it.  I had a smaller room this time but I was lucky to still have a view.  Plus, knowing all the nurses and staff was a bonus and everyone remembered me.  Everyone told me how I looked beautiful even with out hair and they couldn't believe how good I looked given the leukemia.  It makes you feel good when people remember you and compliment you, it's how friendship begins too.  It turns out I'm a very easy patient so all the nurses wanted to have me.  One nurses aid told me I don't look or act like a patient and that's what she liked about me.  My positive attitude has done me well, it's helped me fly through this disease and treatment, right into remission which is where we will work on keeping me.  Once I have my transplant I'll be good to go once and for all.  

I want to say, though belated,"Happy Birthday Nathan!", who is my wonderful nephew who turned 6 on Saturday.  We love you, sorry for the delayed shout out! We miss him along with his brother and sisters Timmy, Stephanie and Sarah in Buffalo, NY.    

Thank you to the Peterson's, Patti, Kirk, Alex and Eric, who have been family friends all my life, well really they are family.  They sent us a beautiful Boxer calendar, which is full of cute Boxer puppies, some just like Buster!  Speaking of Buster, I have posted new pics from the breeder, he's growing!  Thank you for the cards of encouragement they make me feel great, it means a lot to be reminded that I'm not alone!  

That's all I have for today, I'm going to relax and enjoy being home.  
Love to you all from 6119!

No comments:

Post a Comment