Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 62

Well this morning started off with a minor emergency.  I got out of the shower and noticed my picc line was bleeding pretty bad.  Cynthia called the Clinic right away and they said come straight in so we did.  Turns out it's not uncommon in the first 72 hours for this to happen and all they had to do was change my dressing.  The bleeding stopped and I'm all fixed up now.  It was just a little freaky to see my own blood and not being able to address the actual site of the bleeding.  Overall, it was really no big deal but it did show how efficient the Clinic works.  When I walked in every one already knew I was coming and they ushered me right in without checking in and they fixed me up right away.  It's amazing how well the staff and doctors work together within the entire bone marrow transplant center.

Now I'm just waiting to get my antibiotics and get my lab results to see if I need anything extra.  After that I have an ultrasound on my liver.  All these antibiotics and medications have done a number on my liver, as my doctor says "your liver is really pissed off".  They want to check it out and make sure there is nothing else.

Well they just released me to go get my ultra sound so I'm signing off.  Maybe I'll write a little more later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment