Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 77

Man, I am in pain.  This urinary track infection is kicking my ass.  I was up every hour last night to pee, which is painful in itself.  The pain doesn't go away no matter how many pain killers I take.  It hurts to walk, sit and stand.  I'm pretty miserable, please excuse my bitching but it makes me feel a little better to share my feelings.  So I've been laying low today.  I am at clinic getting extra fluid to hopefully flush out this virus, plus magnesium and my antibiotic.  This will be my last day on the antibiotic which doesn't really seem to be working.  I also had to get a chest x-ray so I got a late start at clinic.  The last thing I wanted to do was run around to the Duke clinics and then back to the Bone Marrow clinic.  But this is what you have to do.

Carole is at home cleaning which is much appreciated.  I can't be around when the vacuum is going and I can't be around cleaning products.  I think I've already mentioned this in a previous blog.  Oh well chemo brain is a valid excuse, which I use quite often.  I'm hoping to see my doctor again today, especially since he's talking about sending me home soon!  I'm afraid to believe him because I don't want to get my hopes up.

Ahh finally the IV pain reliever has started to do it's job.  This is the first relief that I've had in three days.  If only I could give that to myself.  I'm a big fan of IV medicine since it works faster.

I just heard from the car guy and the jeep is finally fixed.  Yesterday, he called to tell me that they ordered the wrong window so we had to wait until today.  At least it's fixed, what an ordeal though, we thought we would have had the jeep back on Monday.

Well that's it for today, I hope you all are having a fabulous Wednesday.  Signing off from the clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment