Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 90 part 2

It's official I signed my discharge paperwork, had my PICC line removed and had a bone marrow biopsy. I finally feel like a normal person again, I don't have any extensions coming out of my body, I'll be able to take a shower without wrapping a part of my body in saran wrap!  Oh my this feels good.  Plus, my biopsy was not bad at all.  A Physician Assistant, Scott, does about 6 biopsy's a week so he has it down.    I felt pain as he gave me a few shots of pain medicine and I could feel him tapping on my bone but other than that it was pretty easy.  I was shocked but Scott really does it perfectly, I'm not even hurting now.
Next Scott took out my PICC line.  Which was easy as well, it's just a weird sensation because he pulled 44 inches of wire out of my arm.  Wow, it's a miracle how advance health care has become.  

I'm ecstatic that I can go home, finally I can move forward with life and I'll be thankful for each day.  Plus, I'm going to focus on studying for the GRE, it's time to work towards getting a masters in teaching.  I've thought about it enough now that I know that's what I want to do.  It will be good for me to be driven towards a goal.

Well that's all for now, I'm going to celebrate with my amazing husband.  Love from apartment 302.

No comments:

Post a Comment