Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 70

Well today I feel like I was hit by a train.  I didn't sleep well because I've been taking magnesium pills and they kept me up all night visiting the restroom.  Luckily, my doctor told me I could stop them since they aren't worth the trouble.  Instead, I'll just have to get magnesium at the clinic through the IV.  I hate taking magnesium it makes you feel like you have a fire burning inside your body.  One time I had a nurse mistakenly flush it through me really fast and it burned so bad I had to scream.  Now I get it almost every other day but you never get used to the feeling.

The only other thing that is bothering me is my mouth, apparently it is sloughing off the chemo damage.  It makes me have a bad taste and texture in my mouth and you can see a sort of film all over my gums and the roof of my mouth.  The doctor says this is the body's way of healing and it will go away eventually.  My skin seems to be healing it's constantly shedding but it's nice new skin underneath the chemo burn.

Today, I finally asked my nurse practitioner when I might be able to think about going home.  She laughed because it's only day 70.  However, she did tell me to give her 10 days and then I can start bugging her.  They say it's typically around day 90 but I'm hoping it will be less than that.  She did say that if I keep doing so well than it could be earlier.  I've been wanting to ask but have been holding back on relentlessly asking every day.  The end is in sight and I'm ready to pick up Buster and go home.

Well that's it for today, I hope you all have a great day.  Peace out from the clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment