Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 83

Well today has been a long day but I've felt pretty good, so that's nice.  Eric left tonight for Charlotte, his friends from Buffalo are coming out to visit.  I'm really happy for him, Eric deserves a fun break with his buddies.  He has done so much and had to give up a lot of stuff to take care of me.  I love him so very much and am so thankful for the way he takes care of me.  I'll miss him, he won't be back until next week, but I'm so glad to know he will be with good friends having a good time.

Today at Clinic I was irrigated again, which really helps me out with the pain.  What has been happening is that I have blood clots that get stuck in the tube to the urine bag.  That backs up the whole system which is extremely unpleasant.  I literally have to keep an eye on the tube to make sure it is draining properly, if it's not we have to almost milk the tube like you would a cow.  Anyway, so with irrigating they pump fluid into my bladder and I basically pump it out the catheter.  It flushes out any clots and flushes the bladder itself.  I'll go and have this done every day until we see some improvement in the side effects and the pain goes away.

Another benefit of being irrigated is they put you in a room with a bed. This morning I slept the whole time.  It was difficult when the irrigation began because I had a rather large clot to flush out but after that they gave me some pain medicine which I believe helped me to sleep.  It was good for me, I don't sleep the night through even with the treatment I'm still up every hour or so.

So anyway I'm going to go bed now, 11:00 is super late for me.  I hope all is well in your lives.  Good night from apartment 302.

No comments:

Post a Comment