Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 63

Wow, I'm at the Clinic and have just learned that I get to stop taking "the nastiness"!  Turns out that's what has been causing my liver to be so "pissed off".  They have decided to put me back on the IV drug for my lungs but they are going to set me up so that I can give the IV to myself at home!  Isn't that crazy?  They will bring a nurse in tomorrow who will teach me how to do it and then they will deliver the medicine to the apartment weekly.  This means I'll have some days off from Clinic, finally!  I'll still have to come Monday, Wednesday, Friday for lab checks but as I need less they will cut down my weekly visits.  Another cool thing is I might get to have the weekend off from Clinic all together!  That would be so nice, to have an actual weekend where we don't have to work around Clinic.

In other news, my liver ultra sound came back looking good, that's how they know it's strictly the medicine that is causing problems.  That was a relief because a part of me was worried there might be a new problem to deal with.  Overall, I just have to kick the lung fungus and make sure I don't get any other bacteria infections in my blood.  I feel great so I'll just keep up with my medicines and my daily walks and count the days until they finally let me go home.

I'm really enjoying having Cynthia here, yesterday we went for a walk in our complex and she taught me the names of most of the flowers and trees that we saw.  I love that stuff and I've been wondering what all these pretty trees and flowers were.  Hopefully, we'll get to the Duke gardens today and she can teach me a whole lot more.

Also, Cynthia has been a great help with the insurance, she used to work in insurance/medical billing so she knows a lot.  We got a new bill from Duke yesterday and she helped me figure out if we need to pay it or not.  It's amazing how complicating all the billing can be but she has taught me that you never pay the bill until you see what the insurance expects you to pay.  Which requires a little research but luckily I have a great website where I can track all my claims.  So once again I've been blessed with another great care giver.

That's it for today, I hope your day is going well, it's the middle of the week so the weekend is in sight!  Much love from the Clinic.  


No comments:

Post a Comment