Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 90...for real

So it turns out I had my days mixed up and today is my real day 90.  They are trying to discharge me today!  They did say at least 90 days so at least they are keeping true to their word.  I saw Dr. Horwitz this morning at clinic.  We talked about the few problems I have and he said we could release me today if they wanted but I need to take the discharge class, have a bone marrow biopsy and have my picc line removed.

I love how doctors are so casual about stuff and it's the nurses and staff that have to make everything happen.  So I'm supposed to go back this afternoon for the biopsy and to remove my picc line.  I'll have to come back here on Tuesday to take the discharge class.  As you can imagine I am thrilled!  I've been so ready to go home so it was nice to get the go ahead to be discharged.  Now, we just have to pack up and organize our move back to Charlotte!  Yay!

We took Grandma to the airport this morning.  She should be almost home by now.  It was so nice having her and it was good to be taken care of by my grandmother.  My grandma, Jodie Louis, is quite the woman.  Not only is she always perfectly dressed and put together she is also direct and outgoing.  She's very active which keeps her young and she loves to entertain and be social.  I'm very proud to be her granddaughter.  I am so thankful I've had this time to spend with her.  We love catching up about various family members and friends.  Plus, reminiscing about so many good times we've had together as a family.  I feel bad because I think she got the cranky Jennifer.  I was so upset that I wasn't going home yet that I was kind of in a foul mood on her last day.  I'm sorry Grandma, you gave me wonderful care and you did a lot for us, even though you don't think you did much.  Just having you here was a gift in itself.  Please forgive my cranky behavior, it wasn't meant for you.

It also feels good to be done with the care givers.  I definitely appreciate all of my care givers but it feels good to be able to take care of myself.  It's a sign of my good health and proof that we are moving forward with my new life.  Gosh I can't believe by tonight, I'll be free of any extensions or ports and I'll be done with daily IV treatments.  I'm bummed about the bone marrow biopsy as that always hurts horribly.  However, as the nurse practitioner said it's like a reward, it's a biopsy that won't be followed by more chemo.  I don't know if I would ever think of a biopsy as a reward but maybe that's because I've had three already.

Well that's it for now, I'll keep you all posted.  I hope your hump day is going well.  Much love from apartment 302.

No comments:

Post a Comment