Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 85

Happy Hump Day!  I hope you all are having a fabulous day.  Sorry I missed yesterday's post, I wrote one but some how it didn't save and I didn't realize it until now.  Yesterday, Grandma came to be my next caregiver.  It's so nice to have her here, it's fun to catch up and I always notice things about her that remind me of Mom or things that I do too, it's funny how we pick up traits from our family.  When the three of us get together it's always fun because we look so much alike.

So I've been feeling really good minus the bladder virus and catheter but I'm taking it day by day until they tell me I'm free to go home.  That's what Dr. Horwitz said, it's hard to give me a date of when I'll be released and they want to get the virus under control before they release me.  I had another chest x-ray this week and it came back clear.  They are planning to take me off of the Micafungin but might just wait until I am released, just to be safe.

Now, if I could only get rid of the catheter and urine bag.  I've gotten creative with the pee bag, I can wear it around my calf and get it under one pair of jeans.  The only thing is it's hot here, I want to wear shorts or my new skirt but it's not very decent to walk around with a pee bag strapped to your leg for everyone to see.  Oh well, it's for my health and I'll do whatever I can to get this nasty virus out of my body.

Polyoma virus that's what it's called, I think I misnamed it earlier in my blog posts.  Every nurse or doctor says to me "Oh, Polyoma, I'm so sorry for you."  It's kind of scary and they never want to answer my question about the pain, if it will last 4-6 weeks until the virus runs it's course.  I don't know why I'm so prone to bacteria and virus but I would like to be done with the random minor set backs.  I'm ready to be healthy and back to life at home.

Wow, as I write this Grandma is cleaning up our kitchen and organizing everything so we can eat up the rest of the food here before we go home.  She's definitely the queen of cooking, planning and cleaning, and she's efficient.  She also is quite the party thrower, always good food and great atmosphere.  I was lucky enough to grow up with my Grandparents near by so we spent nearly every Sunday at their house after church and every holiday Grandma would prepare a wonderful meal, she'd set the dining room with a beautiful table decoration.  Invite all the family who lived in town and we would have a great time.  I'm so happy to have those memories and I sure do miss those family dinners.

Well Eric is getting to golf today with his buddies for the first time since summer.  Although one of our friends, Dave Hino, checked his bag but it came all the way to Raleigh while he got off at Charlotte.  So Grandma and I drove to the airport to pick up his bag.  Only I went to the wrong airport!  I used my Garmin and hit points of interest, airports and hit the first one that came up, I didn't know we had two airports.  Luckily we finally made it to the right airport and we found his bag with no problem.  We'll meet up with them at the outlet mall to pass along the bag.  At least I'll get to say hello to Eric and the boys this way.

Well that's it for today, have a great day and be thankful for the good things and people in your life.  Much love from apartment 302.

No comments:

Post a Comment