Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 81

Hello friends and family, I hope you are out enjoying the weekend.  I've been trying to enjoy mine but this catheter is kicking my ass.  Really, I am miserable.  I have never felt pain like this and it's constant I haven't found anything that can give me some relief.  The catheter is very uncomfortable and I still have bladder spasms and urges, I'll feel like I have to pee but I don't get the relief you normally feel when you've done your business after holding it for a long time.

The catheter makes me cramp and I become very tense around my bladder.  Plus, it feels like it might come out or that it's not in correctly since it drips a lot.  Which is why I wear depends, yes I said depends.  They actually work well, I'm just mad I have to use them because of the leaking.  One of the side effects of my new drugs is your urine turns orange or bright yellow. And the brightly colored pee stains!

Lastly, the most annoying thing is carrying around a pee bag.  It's supposed to conveniently strap on to my thigh and then I could put pants over it and the tubing.  Well the thing falls down constantly, making me worry that the catheter will fall out.

Alright,  I'm done bitching but when you're miserable like me it's necessary to get out my thoughts.  Thank you for being the ears I can speak too.    

On a bright note, I want to thank Clark and Donna Broyles for my new bracelet. It's sliver peace symbols linked together. It goes perfect with the rest of my bracelets and adds to my gypsy look.  I can't thank you enough.

That's it for today, I hope this weekend leaves you feeling peaceful and happy.  Much love from apartment 302.                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment