Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 61

Happy Monday, I hope your week is starting off well.  I'm in Clinic with my cousin Cynthia, I have 90 minutes left on the IV's.  Now, that I have my picc lines I can get Magnesium and Potassium through the IV's.  The Potassium pill is huge and it's not easy on your stomach, I threw up my last dose so I knew I would need some today.

Dr. Horwitz has decided to start me on oral antibiotics which will take an hour out of my Clinic time. My CT scan came back looking really good, almost clear of any infection in my lungs.  Hopefully,  I'll be able to stop the IV lung medication soon. Our main goal is to get to a point where I can have a day off from Clinic, which would be awesome.  I'm really feeling good now, I haven't been sick, I've had only a little bit of nausea and I have energy. Cynthia commented that really there's not much for the care giver to do now, since I've become stronger. I still need help with things since I still can't prepare certain foods or clean the house.

The weather has turned warmer and it's supposed to be in the 80s by mid week.  I'm happy for the warmth, I haven't been able to walk outside the last two days.  Hopefully, this week won't be as crazy as last week.  No more hospital visits would be ideal.   Well that's all I have to report, I hope you all have a good Monday.  Signing off from the Clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment