Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 79

Well tomorrow is day 80, I'm finally to the day when I can start harassing the doctors to release me.  It's becoming more and more possible that I'll get out next week!  The only thing that might slow me down is this virus in my bladder.  It has been so very painful and I haven't slept for two nights straight because I would be visiting the bathroom every hour, all night.  I still have blood in my urine and all the doctors can tell me is to flush it out of my system by constantly drinking water, juice and the occasional Dr. Pepper.  (Okay the docs didn't recommend the Dr. Pepper but I can't give it up.)

To help me to flush my system most effectively my doctor thought it would be best to insert a catheter.  So that's what they did, my last task at clinic today was to install a catheter, not my idea of fun at all.  It's very uncomfortable and it feels strange. When I have the urge to pee it doesn't feel like I am able to get the relief you get from emptying your bladder.  Sorry if this is too much info but I've always been real on this blog, and I write truthfully and from the heart.  If you don't like it than you don't have to read it.   Now let's hope this catheter can help me flush this virus out of my system in no time at all.

Eric flew home this morning, it is so nice to have him home.  The funny thing is, once Carole knew that Eric was coming home Friday morning she felt she shouldn't stay through Saturday.  She wanted to give us more time just the two of us.  So I dropped her off for her flight home before picking Eric up from his red eye flight.  We really enjoyed having Carole as a care giver.  Her relaxed mentality made it seem like we were on a mini vacation.  Bless her heart because I was a grumpy monkey thanks to this UTI and virus.  I was living off pain medicine and really couldn't do much since I always needed quick access to a bathroom.

Well that's it for today, I hope you are ready for a great weekend!  Peace out from apartment 302.

No comments:

Post a Comment