Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 78

Woo hoo, day 78 is here and my doctor continues to tell me he expects to release me next week.  I am so excited to see what happens.  It sounds like me and Grandma will stay in Durham through the end of the month.  Only because Eric is having all his friends visiting in Charlotte and there is no more room in the house.  I wish I could go home right away but this is the way that makes the most sense.

Plus, I hate delaying my reunion with Buster but we've made it this long, what's one more week?  My original plan was to be home by the first week of June.  So I'll definitely get my wish and be able to really start my new life in a great summer while monitoring my immune system.  Buster will keep me active and we will rebuild our Mama & Son relationship.

Carole has been a great care giver, she has made some great dishes. First a Caprese salad, which was awesome, then Mushroom & beef stroganoff, one of my favorites!  It's been great to have fabulous food.  Plus, Carole has been taking care of everything since it hurts just to move so she has taken on all our errands, picking up prescriptions and all kinds of stuff.  I am thankful she is here during this time because she can relate to how I feel and she feels horrible for me.  Even the nurses at clinic feel bad for me since this is such a painful and lengthy virus.  No treatment just waiting it out, this totally sucks.  Just one more thing to conquer before getting released back in to life.

Well that's it for today, I will continue to lay low and try to manage my pain.  I will try to get some sleep as I was up every hour last night going to the bathroom.  But the doctors say I have to flush this out of my system, they gave me extra fluid yesterday and I've been drinking a good amount of water.  It just hurts to go to the bathroom so it's extra annoying and it makes me cranky.  Your prayers for a quick recovery would be greatly appreciated.  Love and peace from apartment 302.

No comments:

Post a Comment