Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 82

I'm at clinic enjoying the first feeling of relief I have felt in three days.  They gave me IV pain medicine which works faster and better than the pill form.  They are irrigating my bladder right now as they think I have blood clots that could be the cause of the constant pain.  The clots are blocking the catheter so I constantly feel like I have to go to the bathroom.  It feels like the irrigation is helping and I don't see any more clots right now.  Let's pray this makes my pain go away.  If it doesn't work we may decide to just take it out.  After all, they put the catheter in to help me sleep at night and hopefully, provide some relief but if it's more pain than it's worth, they will take it out.  

As for when I will get released, the doctor says we have to take it day by day.  He won't release me when I'm dealing with this much pain but he believes I should be feeling better by Friday.  I'm betting I'll be released next week.  That's okay to wait longer as long as I feel better, I don't want to deal with the catheter by myself.  It sounds like they will take it out by Friday or earlier if needed.  

I can't wait to take this catheter out, besides being uncomfortable it's not easy to find clothes that will cover up my urine bag.  Plus, I am wearing depends because I'm leaking around the catheter (they say this is normal).  Depends are not small, so I need pants that fit over them as well. I have two pairs of sweat pants that work but the problem is that it's hot here, this week it will be in the 90s.  It's funny to think I'm wearing depends, Eric bought me peach ones, I'm sure he loved buying those!  Never thought he would be buying me depends but we do what we have to do to get through all of this.  Thank God the end is in sight. We are both ready to be home and to start living life again.  

That's it for today, I hope your week is off to a good start.  Much love from the Clinic.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment