Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The last day of January already?  Wow this month just flew by.  I am so thankful I am not in the hospital getting chemo right now.  It's nice to be able to stay strong and healthy.  I don't have to go to Blumenthal anymore since my counts have been consistently good.  So it feels like I have lots of freedom again.  Poor Norm is still going to Blumenthal he needed blood the other day which didn't make him very happy.  Miller says it's just hard to know how we will recover since we are all different.

I should hear from Duke this week to get the official date of when we will get the transplant started.  Hard to believe it's finally happening.  I'm going to a fertility doctor this week just to see if there is anything they can do to harvest eggs.  My only problem is I have been taking a shot which suppresses my egg production so I might not have any eggs to harvest.  It's worth a shot to at least talk to the doctor.

Next week I will go have a biopsy from Miller which he will send to Duke.  I like having him do it since I know his style.  Plus, I think he uses the same hole every time, I have a scar but just one and I've had about three biopsies.  I have to get a dentist appointment before I get my transplant, it's one of the requirements.   I guess the dentist could give me an infection if I'm not 100% healthy.

Man, Buster is wound up today.  Yesterday, he was still tired from Mom's visit and we went for a long walk.  He must have slept well last night because he will not sit still today.  Good thing we have plenty of toys, thank you Grandma! Mom sure did spoil us when she was here, it was super nice of her.

Well I don't have much else to report.  I hope you all have a fantastic day.  Love and peace from 6119.

No comments:

Post a Comment