Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Today is a much better day, I've got my positive energy back and I've been able to keep my breakfast down! Oh happy day, it's the little things that make it easier in the big picture.  Plus, I finally heard back from Duke and they have found six possible donors for me!  It will take around six weeks to set up an official donor, since some people may change their mind or not be able to donate due to medical conditions.  The next step for me will be another appointment at Duke where they do full physical and help us set up our living arrangements.

I'm due for another round of consolidation chemo in four weeks, my Duke doctors will work with Dr. Miller to decide if I have the consolidation chemo or if I go straight into the intensive chemo that I will need to prep for the transplant.  Eric and I are a little nervous about skipping the consolidation chemo since it's so dangerous for me to relapse, but I'm sure the doctors will make the right decision.

Now I just have to make it through two more rounds of chemo so I can get home to Eric and Buster.  Eric has been putting me on speaker phone so I can talk to Buster, it's really cute because he'll bark and try to get the phone.  It makes me laugh and feel good that he knows my voice.

Well that's it for today, thanks for all your support, good wishes and prayers.  Much love from room 4921.

No comments:

Post a Comment