Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday, January 4, 2011

I'm sitting in the Infusion Room, getting ready to start my chemo.  I was late thanks to crazy traffic but I'm here now.   Although they still haven't started my chemo which sucks because it delays the whole process, but I guess that's my own fault. The nurse was nice enough to bring me a Dr. Pepper and some snacks, I usually hit up Starbucks but my late arrival made my trip impossible.  Once my chemo is done I'll go back home and soak up my Buster time, I'm gonna miss him so much.  I miss him when I'm away from him for an hour or so, how am I going to handle five days without my little buddy?  I know he's gonna miss me too, I slept with a wash cloth last night so it would smell like me and I put it in his cage, this way he'll have something to snuggle when I'm away.  It will be so nice to be reunited, he'll be so excited which will be nice.

It's really cold here in Charlotte, in the twenties this morning and a high of only 40 degrees.  Thank goodness I have my beautiful new coat, scarf and hat to keep me warm, thanks Mom & Grandma!  I heard from Duke, they think there should be no trouble in trying to find a donor for me.  I am expecting a call back from the Dr. to explain the next steps.  We think the actual search shouldn't take that long, one nurse said it only takes like 10 minutes so Eric and I are wondering why they don't just call and say we have a donor for you.  We'll see what happens, hopefully we can get the transplant started so I can begin the recovery process so I can move on.

Yesterday, I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, it was good.  There were a few differences in the American version and the most obvious difference was all the actors were more attractive which made the movie easy on the eyes.    I definitely liked the movie it was long and I was definitely tired afterwards when I had to go to my appointment with Dr. Miller.  I'm not sure why I even had the appointment since I'm here this morning but I guess it's standard procedure.

Once I got home from my long day, I was pleased to watch the Sabres kick Edmonton's ass.  I was getting tired of watching them lose!  I snuggled a lot with Buster and called it an early night. I tried to savor every bit of sleep in my bed, the hospital beds suck and there's nothing quite like sleeping in your own bed.  Well there's not much else to say, I hope you all have a fabulous day!

Peace out from the Infusion Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment