Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gosh, it's hard to believe the end of the month is almost here.  Next week I'll go in the hospital to finish out the month.  Today I am home, I didn't need any blood products today and my white blood count is at 4.7 which means I'm no longer nutrapenic, yay!  This is great cause tomorrow I am going to Duke to have a physical.  I got a call from them yesterday telling me they have a donor for me and they wanted to see if I could come for a visit this week.  So tomorrow at 10:30 I will have my heart and lungs tested and will give blood for lab work.  This is good because it means we are getting this thing started.  I wonder who my donor is or whether they are male or female.  I probably won't get to know much, they make you wait a year before you can directly communicate with the donor.

Eric is leaving for Florida tomorrow, just a two day trip, he and Mom will both get in on Friday.  So I'll go to Duke alone.  Luckily, Eric doesn't leave til the afternoon so he can watch Buster and I'll get home in the afternoon to take over.  I'm looking forward to the weekend especially since Mom will be here, I'll have a nice visit before going back to chemo.  Maybe this will be my last round of chemo before the transplant.  I'll find out soon.

My hair is growing back, people have noticed at the cancer center.  I look like GI Jane with my buzz cut, at least it's low maintenance.  I think I'll loose it again with the intensive chemo I'll need to prep for the bone marrow transplant.  Eventually though it should start to come back but it doesn't seem to have a different texture just my same old fine black hair.  Oh well at least I'll have hair again.

Well that's it for today, I hope you all have a great day and feel very loved and thankful for life.  Much love from 6119.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jen,

    I know your husband and he is a great guy who loves you very much. I'm from Costa Rica Central America. I'm a surviver of uterine cancer. Jus be very positive keep going. Remember we are the weaker gender hahahahahah, we made for this and more we can bring life into this world no only with babys we are made of real love. You are in my prays every day. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete