Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday, January 17, 2011

Yesterday, was a long day at Blumenthal, I got there at 8:30 and left at 6:00.  I was really low on blood, my platelets were at 2 which is really low so I ended up getting two bags of blood and two bags of platelets.  Unfortunately, there was a problem at the lab so they weren't able to start my blood as early as usual.  Then last night I felt so drained, usually blood makes you feel good but all I wanted to do was sleep.  I went to bed at 9:00 but didn't sleep well.  My teeth and bones are hurting and I had horrible night sweats again.  When I woke up this morning I had blood plastered all over my teeth.  My gums and lips had been bleeding during the night.  I called the doctor to make sure I didn't need to go back for more platelet's today, he said I should be fine as long as I don't bleed anymore.  So far so good, if I start to bleed then I'll call Anastasia, my nurse.

This recovery seems a little harder, I feel sick and tired and I have weird blood blisters showing up on my body they actually look like bruises but there is definitely blood there.  Sorry to share all my problems but hey, that's what the blog is for.  I'm feeling a little better now and I'm happy because my comfy clothes ordered from Victoria Secret arrived yesterday.  They have the best sweats and leggings ever, plus I wear their little camis because they hold my hickman ports up.  I have always wanted this one particular sweatsuit coat in winter white.  I used to have a gray one but somehow I lost it, I feel like it is at Bright Horizon's but oh well.  So finally the white sweater was available and on sale!  I'm wearing it now and loving it, add my new leggings and cami and I'm all set.  I told Eric these clothes were for my recovery since I'll be doing a lot of lounging.  Plus, everything I bought was on sale and I had a coupon for free shipping.  Now, if I only had an iphone I would be all set for this transplant.

I haven't heard anything from Duke but they warned me it would take six weeks to find my donor, I'll check in with them soon just to find out when my next appointment will be.  I have an appointment with Miller on Wednesday so I'll see what he thinks I should do.  Man my legs and teeth hurt, it's very annoying and advil just doesn't do the trick.

Buster is being a great boy today, he's already went to the door to show me he needed to go out.  Then he pooped and peed!  I'm so glad he is finally getting this whole potty training thing.  It's a bit nicer out today so I let him hang out for awhile, he found a pine cone which he would pick up and then drop it and bat it down the hill.  He sure loves pine cones and he looks pretty cute carrying them around in his mouth.  If I start to feel better today, we'll get in a walk.  Maybe it would be good to work out my legs a little.

Well that's all for today.  I hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday.  Love from 6119.

No comments:

Post a Comment