Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm in the infusion room at Blumenthal, sorry for the lack of blog yesterday.  I literally slept all day, I'm betting I'm going to need some blood today.  I felt so tired all day yesterday, but I did manage enough strength to take Buster on a walk.  Thank goodness because he had a lot of energy yesterday and he didn't get a walk the last two days.  Well that's it for the Buster talk, I promise not to use the blog only to talk about Buster.  Even if he's the best dog ever!

It's another cold day in Charlotte, good thing I have a beautiful coat and so many hats to choose from.  My hair is growing back, I have like a buzz cut.  I can't wait until it gets a little longer, hopefully it will grow into a cute pixie cut.  For some reason, I believe the doctor said this type of chemo tends to make your hair grow.  Now if only my eye lashes would grow, they aren't completely gone they are just noticeably thinner and they look funny with mascara on.

I'm getting a new phone soon, I'm pretty sure it's going to be an iphone.  Right now the battery on my phone is toast, although it's really Eric's battery I gave him mine since he has to talk on the phone for work.  I finally have a phone credit available and I've done a lot of research and it's time I got an iphone.  I will use it for music too so I want to get the one with the most memory, within reason.  Eric says I have to wait until I'm not nutrapenic, since I technically I can't go to the Sprint store anyway.  So that will be about a week, I think he is enjoying making me wait for it even though he knows I want one so bad.  Especially since my phone stops working and reboots randomly.  It's always when I'm trying to do something with the phone.  I can't wait until I can use it to video chat with my friends.  I miss my girls in Texas and I'm pretty sure most of them have an iphone now, this way we can have a happy hour together.  I opened up some nice wine over the weekend.  I think it added to my tiredness but it was nice, it's from Kunde where Eric and I went in Napa Valley.  I think it's called Big Bob's Red wine, it has a picture of a guy with a cowboy hat on it and boy is it tasty.

Man I'm so tired, I hate this initial visit to Blumenthal because it takes so long.  First, they have to type and cross my blood and then they have to decide if I need blood at all.  It takes about an hour to do that and then about 6 hours to receive blood.  Luckily, they moved my appointment to 8:30 from 10:00, I didn't want to start the day so late knowing I would be here for more than a few hours.  I don't see my buddy Norm so I'm worried he was stuck with the 10am start time.  

Well that's it for today, I hope you all have a fantastic day.  Much love from the Blumenthal Infusion Room.

1 comment:

  1. i got the samsung galaxy epic phone from sprint. its rad! i miss you!

    ReplyDelete