Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Now, we have a new date, February 20th but I'll start my chemo on the 21st.  Instead of going up there next week for my last visit before checking into the hospital, I will go to the new patient class on the 20th and check into the hospital on the 21st.  I will be in the hospital for a month, I will feel my worst two weeks after five days of chemo.  That's when my blood counts will be zero, which means I will feel like complete shit, pardon my french.  At least I will have twenty four hour care, some one already told me the nurses are really great so I know I'll be fine.  Plus, it's easier when you go into it knowing you'll be there for 30 days.

I'm glad to know what the game plan is, now I need to finally read the 3 ring binder Duke gave me which explains everything.  It's full of info and I guess I've been avoiding it, but it's time to face the facts, it will be nice to know what to expect.  So now I have to live it up for this week and a half, it's my last days of freedom.  Hopefully, my best friend Melanie will be coming for a visit, we'll have a blast together.  That will be a good way to spend my last days before three months of isolation.

I want to take a minute to thank all my loved ones for the continued messages of support during all of this.  It's nice to know I have so many people to turn to in times of need, it really makes me feel loved which is a good thing.  I'm lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life.

So Buster's play date went awesome, I think he has found his best friend.  Sam is a labradoodle and he is bigger than Buster but he won't be for long.  The two of them were hilarious, they were jumping all over each other and running around.  Buster kept biting Sam's muzzle hair which was funny, Sam didn't seem to mind.  We took them to a park where we could let them go free.  They bounced all over each other biting and tackling each other all in good fun.  Buster was definitely dominated in the beginning but then Sam laid down and let Buster be top dog.  Buster jumped all over him and kept knocking him to the ground.  Oddly Sam seemed to like being dominated.

Ulga, Sam's mom, is from the Ukraine and her husband is from Mexico.  She's very nice and we are planning on meeting again today for a walk.  The dogs do a good job of wearing each other out, which is nice since they are both pups, Sam's a year old.  I think they will really enjoy each other as they grow up.  Who know's maybe Ulga and her husband will become our first friends in the neighborhood.

Today, I am going for a bone marrow biopsy, which sucks.  It's such a painful process, but I have this breathing technique that I do and I imagine being on a private island listening to waves.  It makes the pain easier to bear.  I'm also going to visit the nurses at the hospital and the cancer center.  I'm going to bring them some cupcakes.  I didn't know it would be my last time to to visit last month so it will be good to see everyone, especially knowing I don't have to stay there.

Well that's it for today, I hope you are all having a great week.  Much love from 6119.

No comments:

Post a Comment