Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Thursday, the weekend is almost here!  I hope you all have been having a good week.  I went to the fertility doctor yesterday.  They are running a test on my blood to see if there is any chance they will be able to harvest my eggs, I should know by tomorrow.  If there is a chance, I will need two weeks on fertility drugs, a shot every day, until the eggs are mature enough to extract.  If that works they will fertilize them with Eric's sperm and freeze the embryo's until we are ready.  The only problem is that insurance doesn't cover the process and the fertility drugs alone cost $4,000.  Yikes!  We'll see what the blood tests say.  Considering I've already had three rounds of chemo the doctor doubts I will have any eggs but there's always a chance.  I'm not getting my hopes up, just exploring our options.

The doctor was pretty cool and she also does egg donor pregnancies so if we choose to go that route she will be able to help us.  Other than that there isn't much else to report.  I spoke to my Duke nurse yesterday and we still haven't received a donor date but should hear something soon.  I told her about the two weeks needed for egg harvesting if it's possible.  We might have to hold off on the transplant for a week but we won't know until we have the donor date.  She said they would do what they could to help us out.

It's another beautiful day out, it really feels like spring instead of winter.  I am comfortable in a t-shirt and jeans which is nice.  Eric and I are going to try and hit some golf balls today or tomorrow over lunch.  I haven't done that since before I got sick but I'm looking forward to smashing the ball.

Well that's it for today, I hope you all have a beautiful day.  Peace out from 6119.

No comments:

Post a Comment