Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday, February, 25, 2012

Good day friends and family, I hope your weekend is treating you well.  I had a late start today because it was so cold in my room I wouldn't get out of bed.  It's funny because I still get hot flashes from one of my medicines but I get really cold too so keeping the right temperature in the room is nearly impossible.  I just finished breakfast and once I finish the delicious Caramel Macchiato Eric brought me, I will get out to do my walking.  

Tomorrow will be busy since, I start a new type of chemo and I'm part of a clinical trial.   The nurses plan on taking my vitals almost every fifteen minutes instead of every couple of hours.  I'm happy to be part of a clinical trial though, my days as a psychology student taught me the importance of being a part of clinical trials.  It's good to feel a part of something that will help many others, my Doctor even thanked for me for agreeing to be part of so many trials.  

Eric is traveling back to Charlotte today to pick up whatever we forgot or didn't have room to squeeze into the cars on our trip down here.  It's almost three hours to Charlotte so he'll have a long day of driving.  He plans on spending most of the day with me here tomorrow.  I feel for him because just like me he's kind of isolated we both get bored very easy so passing the time without each other is hard.  It sure does make us appreciate each other's company.  

Well there's not much else to say for today, I'm feeling good and still motivated to get out of here faster than any other Bone marrow transplant patient before me!  Not sure what the record is but if I can get out of here within in 30 days, I'll be lucky.  Enjoy your weekend, much love from 9215.  

No comments:

Post a Comment