Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday, February, 24, 2012

It's Friday, hopefully you all are planning for an exciting weekend.  My weekend is going to be a hoot, living it up in the hospital!  Actually, I think spending a weekend here will be a lot easier than it was in the Charlotte hospital because they offer so much more to do for the patients.  Yesterday, Recreational Therapy brought me some paints along with a wooden box and frame to decorate.  Plus, I hear there's a  Friday happy hour cart that comes around with fruit and protein smoothies.  I also have movies to watch and sometimes volunteers wheel around a hospitality cart with goodies.  I hated the weekends in the Charlotte hospital because it was so quiet, not many people around on the weekends but I think it will be different here.

I watched The Queen last night, it was interesting since it was all about how the monarchy reacted when Princess Diana died.  I was a senior in high school and working for the yearbook when it happened so it was interesting to see how the movie portrayed the event.  It's not a movie for everyone since it's rather slow but I am glad I watched it, if only to see how wonderful Helen Mirren played the Queen, I think it earned her the title of Dame, a title well deserved.

Well there's not much to say on the medical front, still receiving chemo every six hours.  I haven't had any problems with the chemo so far, just feeling a little tired.  I haven't been able to get out and walk this morning since it's been crowded in the halls but I'll get my two miles in somehow.  Eric says 1.5 miles is just as good so I don't wear myself out too much.

That's all for today, I hope your day goes by fast so you can start enjoying the weekend!  Much love from 9215.

No comments:

Post a Comment