Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hello friends, I hope this Sunday is going well for you.  I'm on my first bag of the new chemo which only takes two hours and at noon I'll start the clinical trial chemo which will run for twelve hours.  I'm the only patient for my nurse today since she has to be in my room most of the day monitoring my vital signs.  The good thing is if anything goes wrong they will know quickly.  

Last night was my first tough night as far as chemo goes, I felt nausea all night and had horrible night sweats.  I'm feeling better this morning so hopefully tonight won't be so bad.  Eric's with me now, he isn't allowed to eat in my room so we are enjoying some time together in the family room so he can enjoy a scone.  I have to wear a mask which makes it hard to drink my coffee but I don't mind, the change of environment is good.  

I've already walked my first mile of the day, it really does make me feel better.  Sometimes it's a pain because I'm always hooked up to an IV so I have to maneuver my pole around the doctors, nurses and other patients.  No matter how long it takes I'll keep trying for two miles a day, one in the morning and one at night. 

Eric was able to check our mailbox at the apartment and brought me some cheerful cards and a cool cancer bracelet called Be Brave from my cousin Colby.  It made me realize that our address on the blog is wrong.  Here is the address, we still got the other cards but this is the proper USPS address:  
215 William Penn Plaza 
Apart 302
Durham, NC 27704

Thank you Randy & Cynthia, Robyn & Mike and Joe & Lisa, the cards bring a smile to my face.  That's all for today, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Much love from 6915.  

No comments:

Post a Comment