Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 50

Hello everyone, I hope this Thursday has been good to you so far.  I just finished a little snack of strawberries and blueberries.  Not sure if I mentioned this but as of Sunday I wasn't allowed to eat berries, which broke my heart.  On Monday, Robyn and I went to the new patient class so she could learn about my transplant procedure and her job as a caregiver.  Martha the nurse who teaches the class told me she would rather I eat berries than keep loosing weight!  I was thrilled to hear that I could enjoy strawberries and blueberries again!

Not eating berries is part of the neutrapenic diet I'm on, but according to Martha they are getting ready to stop that since it's effectiveness has proven to be not that good.  I was thrilled because I miss my berries!  On that Monday night I gorged on strawberries, then of course I puked them up but they were worth getting sick.

Luckily, I did not puke again yesterday.  I shouldn't puke, considering I'm on three different nausea medications now.  Sometimes they make me feel a little loopy or sleepy but they do seem to stop the puking.  Today, at clinic, my weight showed I gained a pound, so everyone was excited.  I'm happy with just staying at my current weight, it's my goal weight anyway.

Now, Robyn and I are home getting ready to tackle our insurance bills.  We are going to track every payment that has been made because we fear we might have paid too much.  We have good insurance but they don't track where we are on reaching our deductible, so that's what I'm going to do.

Once we are done we'll go for the daily walk.  We are trying to add five minutes each day but it just depends on how I feel.  I'm definitely getting stronger and I can go without a nap if I have to.  Although I do love my naps.  :)  Skin is still very dark, thanks to my chemo burn or suntan as some people call it.  I've been feeling like the skin is going to start peeling as it's been very itchy and dry.  I feel like a freak cause my body is different colors, all different shades of tan, with my trunk being the darkest.  I've also noticed an increase in freckles both on my face and my body.  The doctors tell me it will fade or peel away in time, but I know the freckles will stay.

Anyway, I'm going to go dive into this insurance mess, wish me luck!  Love to you all from 302.  

No comments:

Post a Comment