Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 60

Hello friends and family, I hope your weekend is going well.  I'm finally home from a long day at Clinic and the hospital. I found out last night that today after, I finished with Clinic, I was to go to the hospital where they would put in my picc line.  This morning, I went to Clinic at 8:30, was finished around 9:45, then Eric took me to the hospital.  I was not formally checked in but they had a room for me to hang out in, while I waited for the picc line nurse.

I ended up taking a long nap and a late lunch before she came at close to 3:00.  The whole procedure took about an hour, it didn't really hurt but it was kind of intense and my nerves were on edge.  They numb you up pretty well, it actually hurt less than having an IV placed.  Now I have two lumens coming out of the inside of my left arm, these will give me my treatments without IV's in the hands, yay!

After the procedure one of my favorite nurses, Victoria, took out my remaining IV, man, it feels good to have my hands back!  The IV's were really starting to hurt after having one in for two nights and the other for one night.  I posted a picture of me with my wrapped IV's, my hand wraps made me feel like a boxer. After that I called Eric, he picked me up and took me home.

Now we just finished dinner and will probably watch a few more Grimm episodes, we're hooked!  My cousin Cynthia arrives a little after 7:00. Eric was awesome and cleaned the apartment to prepare for her arrival.  Once again he continues to be an excellent care giver, husband and best friend.  This whole experience has made us so much stronger and we were pretty strong to begin with.

That's it for now, I hope you all are happy and thankful, I know I am.  Much love from apartment 302.

No comments:

Post a Comment