Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 57

I just learned that I will be spending my whole day at the Clinic but that's still better than being in the hospital.  This is what I miss about my Hick Man, I don't have 3 lines anymore, my poor hand has one IV and I have around 4 drugs that need to be pushed through one line.  Once I can give a clean blood culture, they will put a pick line in my arm.  I think the pick has 2 lines that would be much better than 1 and it would be nice to get the use of my hand back.  Right now I'm typing with 1 hand.

In other news, I took the most wonderful shower today.  For the first time since October, I was able to take a shower facing the water and be able to wash the skin around my hick man.  I would have to cover the whole area with saran press & seal, I couldn't get it wet so my top half of my body was covered.  Plus, (sorry men) I'm able to wear a bra again!  I never expected to be happy about wearing a bra but I am!  My poor father was nice enough to buy me one because I didn't even have any here in Durham.  Now I feel a little more normal, except for my hand IV which is wrapped with a bandage wrap, plus, my bald head isn't that normal.  Oh well, all this has taught me not to care what people think about me, I just go with it, whatever it may be.  

I'm feeling great and having an awesome time with Dad.  I'm so glad he could come be one of my care givers, it gives us lots of time to spend together and just hang out.  He's done great, dealing with being in the small hospital room and hanging out at the clinic.  It's just really nice to be around him.  

This morning, I got a call from Jaidee, one of my best friends from Buffalo.  She and her family are visiting family in Jacksonville, FL this weekend.  So she is hoping to stop by for a visit on their drive down.  I would love to see Jaidee, her hubby Chris, and her two beautiful children; Genevieve and Henry.  I just have to get the okay from the doctor about the kids, I'll be seeing one soon especially since I'll be here all day.  

Eric is in Tampa, working hard.  I miss him as usual but he'll be home tomorrow.  It's good for him to get back to his traveling, I know he'll be happy to see his accounts again. I guess that's about all, I did say a lot for one blog, so thanks for reading.  Love to you all, signing off from the Clinic!




No comments:

Post a Comment