Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 48

Wow, what a day, we were very busy.  First, we had clinic from 9:00 to 12:15.  While we were at clinic we learned that my doctors had set up an eye doctor appointment for me at 2:15.  Which was great because I have been a little concerned about the leakage in my left eye.

The Duke eye doctor did find the leakage and explained that my left eye is leaking blood.  It's not too close to my cornea so it shouldn't effect my vision.  The best thing she told me was that this is likely caused by my low platelets and that it will eventually fix itself.  I have to go back and see her in 4 weeks to see if it has begun to heal but until then I don't have to do anything unless my vision changes!

Now for the fun part of our day, we did some shopping!  I must thank Robyn Morgan and Mike Johnston as they treated me to an awesome sun-protective shirt, a hat, sun gloves and a walking stick all from REI.  Oh and how can I forget the cool walking belt that holds a water bottle, keys & phone or whatever I need.  It was awesome, since I know I need to be really careful about sun exposure because it's easier for me to develop cancer or graft vs host disease.  So I use 40+ sunscreen every day and now I have some clothes to wear while hiking or when I go to the beach.  You can't keep me out of the sun so I feel great knowing that I will be protected.  So thank you Robyn and Mike your gifts are greatly appreciated!

Finally, we went to the medical supply store where I bought a shower chair.  I have been taking baths every day because it's easier, that way I don't get my Hickman wet.  However, one of my nurses informed me that I shouldn't be taking baths and that I definitely need a shower chair.  So we found a shower chair which I will try out tonight.

Eric and I tested my new sun clothes on our walk after dinner, they are great!  They make me feel cool, I even included a picture so you can see!

Now we are relaxing and praying I don't puke tonight.  The last four days I've lost 2 lbs a day thanks to puking every night.  We are trying a different medicine combo so hopefully it will work.

Okay, that's it for me tonight.  The Biggest Loser is on and I feel like my blogs have been too long lately.  So good night everyone, from apartment 302.

No comments:

Post a Comment