Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day + 1

Today, I am officially one day old, each morning the nurses write on my board the number of day it is, leading up to the transplant were all negative, the transplant was day zero and every day from now on is plus one, two and so on.  It reminds me of new moms when they count their babies age by weeks.

I'm still puking up a storm but am slowly learning how to take my medicines early enough to keep some food down.  Plus, my new nurse, Jackie, made me a strawberry peanut butter shake which gives me the protein I need, it's pretty good too.  The doctors tell me the nausea and fatigue symptoms linger the longest so we just do whatever we can to get good nutrition in me.

I was kind of down this morning because I really thought I would be able to take all my medicines down, I got through 20 pills but then they all came right back up.  Thankfully Eric came in and cheered me up, we talked to the nurses and nutritionist about eating lots of smaller meals or shakes and to order off the main hospital menu.   It makes me feel better because I was starting to dread meal time.

Eric has left now but I'm so glad he reminded me to get positive again, it really makes a lot of difference.  One of my other nurses tells me to talk to my new cells and tell them to make themselves at home, basically send them good vibes.  So I've been doing that every chance I can, I don't want my new cells to turn on me and give me graft vs. host disease.  I'll take any advice from these nurses most have them have been doing this for a long time so they've seen it all.

On a sad note, I would like to offer my condolences to my step brother Chase and the Downing family, Chase lost his grandfather to Alzheimer's yesterday, it's never easy loosing those you love but at least we know they are in a better place.

That's it for today, I hope this day finds you well and you are able to appreciate all the love in your life.  Much love from 9215.

2 comments:

  1. Two birthdays will be great in the long run when you are feeling better.
    You have so much to celebrate. Life.
    Stay as positive as you can. It's so hard but you are so much more
    Positive than I think you can even see. Continuing prayers
    For you every day Jennigirl!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WORD! 2 birthdays 2 weeks apart! wait - you were reborn on leap day?! awesome! i love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete