Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day + 28

Wow, a few days have passed since my last blog, sorry about that, I've been busy.  As it turned out we didn't get to do the Bronchoscopy on Monday morning because my platelets were too low.  So we waited until Tuesday so they could keep pumping me full of platelets.  It turns out platelets don't like heat so the fact that I was in a constant fever over the weekend certainly didn't help things.

However, at the eleventh hour the Doctors agreed to move forward with the procedure.  Well actually I should say procedures, besides the biopsy they also withdrew two large samples of fluid from my lung.  They had me sit up and hold real still, they numbed the section and with a small needle they sucked fluid straight from my back.  It was freaky being awake for it I was so afraid I was going to moved and mess up the whole thing!  Next they started to prep me for the biopsy which requires spraying this nasty stuff down my throat to kind of numb the pain, this is so they can put the camera down my throat into my lungs.  Well I forgot to mention that my nausea had returned and I almost puked on the Doctor!  Oops!  Once they got me some nausea drugs they were able to continue but at this point I am sedated.  Once I was in recovery they kept me in forever, not sure why, eventually they brought me a cup of ice, keep in mind I've now gone almost two days without eating or drinking!  Eventually they sent me back up to my room where I could hardly keep my eyes open, too many drugs.

The next thing I know two Dermatologist came in to do some biopsy's on my skin.  Turns out the Infectious Disease Doctors thought the rash or spots could actually be fungus.  So as I ate my first treat of the day (cherry Popsicle) they cut two pieces of skin from my arms.  Now I have stitches that look like spiders.  Crazy huh? we were just hoping to get one biopsy but I got more than I bargained for!

In good news, my fevers have broken and my white blood count is at 6,9!  Also yesterday I finally got out of bed and took a walk, it was so difficult to move without feeling pain.  It took three of us to move along with my iv pole, and oxygen and I used this sort of walker thing that allowed me to stay straight up and made me feel more control.  I only did a half mile but it's a start.  I am going to go again today and as much as I can until my strength is back up.

I would also like to thank Jackie, Cameryn & Jayden Tatman for the nice book and super soft lamb, he's a great sleeping partner.  It's so nice knowing how much love and support I have out there.  Well that's it for today, sorry for the super long blog I needed to update you on the past few days.  Thanks again to all of you who have reached out through cards, prayers, emails and positive thoughts.  Much love from 9215.

No comments:

Post a Comment