Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day + 18

Well we started off today with some awesome news, my white blood count is .2 this is what we have been waiting for some movement towards 1.  Then we got some bad news, it turns out I have a fungal infection in my lungs which is what has been causing the sharp pain in my side and lower lungs.  In a way it's not bad, because when we have healthy immune systems it's common to have fungus in our lungs they are just maintained by our immune system.  Plus, Duke responded amazingly, I had a chest x-ray and a ekg in the middle of the night and early this morning they took me for a cat scan.  They quickly spotted the fungus and started me on medication almost immediately.  

Tomorrow, I will have a another Bronchoscope, this way they can get a better look.  Hey at least if I have to get a fungus now's the time to do so.  

In other news, they are working on my discharge plan, I have to start recording my food in take, most importantly protein and I need to incorporate supplements to grow my strength.  Doing this will get me off the TPN which will get me one step out of here!

That's it for now, I'm hanging in there staying positive and hopeful for a speedy recovery.  Much love 9215. 

No comments:

Post a Comment