Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day + 24

Hello everyone, I'm sorry for the lack of blogs.  While it's not confirmed the Doctors pretty much feel that I have pneumonia.  They have added another anti-fungal medicine. What they really want to do is a Bronchoscopy.  In order to do that I have to have 50,000 platelets, this way they can pull sample of the fungus from my lungs without fear that my lungs would bleed.

Meanwhile, I am battling 103 degree temperatures.  I sleep with ice packs like I'm an Eskimo The fevers give me nausea and headaches.  Through out the night I'm constantly providing blood cultures or chest x-rays and receiving blood or platelets.  That's why I'm really hoping we can do the Bronchoscopy on Monday.  Just so we can finally get some answers and treat this thing!

In positive news, my white blood cell count is at 4.8, that with the combination of my fever it may mean my immune system is working.  Yippie!  I also have to give a few shout outs for the fun gifts I've received this week.  Thank you Pam, Jim, Alice & Bob, for all the wonderful activities crayons,  and there's still more I haven't even opened yet!  I passed out with the package in bed last night.  Plus, Thank you Kristina Acuna I absolutely love the scarf and make up bag, gotta love Sam Moon!  I'm wearing scarf as I write this.

All in all I think my body is fighting hard to get rid of this infection.  I'm staying positive and doing what limited exercise I can do for now.  Eric has been a great motivator making sure I push my self but not to much.  He is such a rock for me and I'm so thankful we have each other to make it through this time.  Well that's it for now, much love from 9215.                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment