Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day + 21

Good News, my white blood cell count is at 3.3!  They have been giving me a shot to stimulate the growth and man did it work.  Now if only we could figure out this lung infection, we would be on our way out of here.  I'm eating on my own now, only using oxygen when absolutely necessary and I even got out for a half mile walk today.  One of my favorite nurses Jeanie is telling me we should be discharged next week.  That makes me a little nervous because this infection really makes me feel like crap.  I keep telling myself it's my white blood cells doing their job but I also want to know what the infection is so we can treat it accurately.

Yesterday, I was scheduled for a Bronchoscopy where they were planning on removing a piece of the fungus but my platelet count was too low and the docs were afraid of causing my lungs to bleed without platelets my blood wouldn't clot properly to control the bleeding.  So the doctors decided to do a wash of my lungs so they could take out some of the fluid and then sit it in a petri dish to try and grow the fungus.  The only problem is that takes time!  I'm being treated with a catch all fungal antibiotic, perhaps, this catch all combined with my white blood cells will heal me.  Honestly, I don't want to be released with the infection.  I tend to get wicked fevers at night, to the point where I sleep with ice packs.  Plus, taking large breathes makes both lungs hurt, it feels like my ribs and lungs are being stepped on by some crazy Dr. Martin Boots with spikes on them.

Sorry for going in to so much description there, I think I just needed to get it out.  I'm still keeping positive and know that this pain will pass.  So now on to fun positive news.  I want to thank my girl Jen Jones for sending me an Angel of Strength,  she said it's not because I need it, it's just because you are strong.  That was really cool Jen, can't wait until we can get together once I'm back in Charlotte, we'll discuss the Hunger Games movie.   Jen is the fabulous woman who introduced me to the Hunger Games trilogy.

And another shout out goes to Colby, you may recall he send me a cool vinyl, cd, ipod, stereo.  Well now he has given me my first vinyls for my collection.  Thank you very much sir!  Also. I really appreciate the cards of positive prayers and hope, they keep me smiling.  I really couldn't ask for a better support group.  Well that's it for now, much love to you all from 9215.

No comments:

Post a Comment