Friday, March 9, 2012

Day + 9

Good Morning, I'm feeling great today and I hope you can say the same!  After a long night of trial and error we finally found the right amount of pain medicine for my throat and mouth. Which is awesome because even though I didn't get much sleep, I've been able to shower and keep down oatmeal for breakfast.  The only down side right now is the chemo effects are starting to kick in, I'm loosing hair and everything tastes like salt.  When you look at the big picture that's nothing.  My doctors are telling me I'm responding exactly as I should and that it won't be too much longer before I start growing white blood cells!

It's such a relief knowing that we solved my nutrition and pain problems.  I'll still have a few bad days here and there but now I can manage the pain, instead of feeling hopeless.  I even walked two miles yesterday to make up for Wednesday when I couldn't even get out of bed.  That's probably why I still feel rested, after my evening walk I basically passed out, in a good way.  One of the side effects of my pain medicine is itchy skin so I'm doing my best to resist the urge to scratch.  The lightest itch can make me bruise or bleed.  Luckily, my red blood cells and platelets are holding steady.

Thank you all for the continued support through cards, emails and Facebook messages.  It makes me feel so good that so many people are pulling for me.  Plus, I know that keeping a positive attitude is what helps me recover the way I have.  So thank you for all the love which is definitely helping me recover and become stronger every day.  I'm so blessed with all the love I have in my life, so again thank you.

One more thing, please send thoughts and prayers for my step-dad Mike, he just had a surgery on his knee and was released home yesterday.  I know how much the power of prayers and positive thoughts can effect a persons recovery.  We need Mike to be able to heal quickly so he can get back to doing the things he loves, like Golf!

That's it for today, I hope your day flies by so you can enjoy the weekend!  Much love from 9215.

No comments:

Post a Comment