Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day + 29

Well it's day 29, an exact month from my donor date.  Also, my body actually made platelets, 29,000 if you could believe it!  My white blood cell count is 5.7 but that's okay, it's supposed to fluctuate.  I also walked a half mile without oxygen and without the walker.  Personal Fitness came along to take me on my walk she said I did great.  Thanks Mom, for my new sneakers, they make my feet great, which definitely make walking easier!

I have one of my favorite nurses today, Jeanne, she's from New York.  She is a great motivator, she's determined she's going to get me out this weekend.  She also may have solved my nausea problem!  For me, one nausea medicine worked the best but would wipe me out for hours.  So Jeanne tells me, she's up at 4:00 in the morning she took a quick trip to the bathroom and it hit her, "Marinol, why haven't we tried that?"  So seven am rolls around and their's Jeanne saying I think I know what we can do for your nausea, I just have to convince the Doctors.  For now, you need to go have a chest x-ray, when you come back I should have everything in place.

Sure enough, I came back to Jeanne with my Marinol and a yogurt, she wanted me to start my breakfast small.  Once she was sure I could handle it she gave me the rest of my meal.  For once I kept everything down and didn't feel like I'm going to puke at any moment.  Even more exciting they are starting to strip a way my iv drugs so pretty soon I won't be on a iv pole all!

In closing, thank you to the Volmer for the nice card.  Mom, the doctors are commenting that the amount of animals are growing in here (thanks for Gus the Gecko) but they also seem to like them.  Anyway, thank you for all the love support and prayers, it does make a difference.  Much love from 9215

No comments:

Post a Comment