Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day + 8

Hi everyone,  sorry I skipped the blog yesterday, Day +7 was pretty tough.  My puking returned along with a killer sore throat.  My throat is basically raw and feels like it's covered in blisters, they were giving me morphine but it didn't seem to help at all.  According to the doctors this is completely normal,  I probably won't begin to really feel better until late next week.  My progress is still really good, I've been able to hold strong with my platelets and red blood cells and hopefully next week my white blood cells will start to grow.

Today started out a little rough, my sore throat makes taking pills, eating and drinking nearly impossible.  Then I started puking again, since one of the chemo side effects makes me lactose intolerant.  As I mentioned before the morphine wasn't doing anything for me so now they have me on a Dilaudid PCA, which means all I have to do is push a button and I get a little dose to manage my pain.  It's good that I have this since I'm starting to get some small sores in my mouth in addition to the big ones in my throat.

I was able to get a good nap in and finally finish watching Charlie Wilson's War so the afternoon was quite pleasant.  I guess that's it for now, I hope your day went well.  Thanks for the continued support through prayers, thoughts and cards.  Love from 9215.

No comments:

Post a Comment