Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day + 17

Happy St. Patty's Day!  I hope you are all celebrating in style, Eric went all out and made corn beef and cabbage for himself, he's quite the cook!  It's been a couple of quiet days for me, I've been bouncing between fevers and basically feel like I've been run over by a semi truck.  I fell yesterday so now I'm restricted on my movement, I didn't hurt myself but they don't like to take any chances.  I spent all day yesterday in bed and pretty much all of today as well.  I have lots of pain in my bones which is a sign of engraftment, so are the fevers, if I have to lay low for a couple of days then so be it, whatever will get my white blood cells growing.

I figure I have to come out of this weekend with at least some white blood cells, because I'm kind of behind the curve now, they expect to see something on day 14.   I guess it goes to show you just how individualized this process is, originally I was a head of the curve now I'm falling behind, but I'm not discouraged.

The only super disappointing thing for me today is they made me give up my cold water.  I have to drink Gatorade now.  I will chug cold water until the cows come home so this is hard for me.  But it turns out all my water could have been causing my breathing issues and I wasn't really properly hydrating myself.  I need more electrolytes and sodium.

Well dinner is here, this will be the first meal I attempt to eat today.  Everything taste funny like it's laced in phlegm.  I hope you have a great St. Patty's Day!   Much love from 9215

No comments:

Post a Comment