Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday November 30, 2011

As I type this, I'm reclining in a lazy boy, with a chai latte and an iv pump hooked up to me.  It's the beginning of my reduction chemo, I'm in the "Infusion Room" at my Dr. office chilling out for three hours.   Once, I'm done they will check me into my hospital room and I'll have another round at 9:00 tonight.  It was kind of funny to drive myself to the hospital to check in for chemotherapy.  Eric will meet me up here once I'm in my room. This time the chemo shouldn't wipe me out completely and I'll be going home on Monday morning.  I'll just have to keep getting my blood checked to make sure I don't need any transfusions and wait until the bone marrow transplant is scheduled.

In other news, my poor brother has to get his blood drawn again!  The hospital received his blood yesterday but because it wasn't labeled the lab would not accept the blood.  So poor Tucker and Dad will have to run around again today to get the blood shipped out again.  Of course, it's not cheap shipping blood overnight and now Dad has to pay for it twice!  Yikes, shouldn't the hospital take more responsibility considering they are the ones that lost the blood in the first place.  They lost it in their own lab.....poor Tucker has blood sitting all over the place.  So thank you again Tucker & Dad for all that you have done for me!

I'd also like to thank Pam, Alice, Bob & Jim for the awesome cuddly sheep, it is so soft and comfy it's perfect for cuddling with while I wait for Buster to come home!  I didn't have enough hands to carry it in with me this morning but I'll have Eric bring it to me when he comes to the hospital.  I'm sure he'll love carrying the large fluffy sheep pillow through the hospital!

That's all for now, hope you all have a great day!  Love from the "infusion room"!

No comments:

Post a Comment