Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday November 10th, 2011

Weather update from Charlotte... Drizzle and 60 today; so no walks outside for Jenn.

Jenn will be receiving two units of blood today as her Hemoglobin is below 8 today, but as we all know from previous posts, these transfusions actually give Jenn a lot of energy and make her feel a lot better.  The only way I can describe how Jenn feels when the Hemoglobin gets this low; is that she feels a little like being hung-over.  The body is slower and she gets headaches, too bad some cold pizza and a Gatorade won't fix it all up...

The Dr's keep laughing and telling us that Jenn's room is always so interesting.  We talk about beer, sports, how to make gummy bear shooters, Romania (Dragos is from there) and of course a little about Jenn's health.  Actually a lot about Jenn's health, but you know that we need to keep it on the lighter side of course since Jenn is doing so very well!

We have found out that Jenn really loves Mounds bars (She is a coconut lover!) and Caribou coffee (Hazelnut Latte), so this morning we went downstairs and got her both.  :)

Other than that, I would like to personally thank Epson so being such a great company to work for and being so understanding in this time of need for Jenn and I.  My boss (Clark Broyles) has been nothing short of amazing and his ability to allow me some time away while still covering my accounts with internal resources is just astounding and greatly appreciated.  Also, Jennifer Swendell deserves huge hugs and kisses for being that resource that is covering my accounts.  She is an amazing person and even better co-worker; thanks Jenn from the bottom of my heart!  Lastly my HR department is super supportive and really stepped up when they heard that Roswell wouldn't work with the insurance.  It thankfully was Roswell that wouldn't work with the insurance and not the other way around, United Healthcare is great and I appreciate the fact that Epson provides good health care coverage even for out of state employees.  Many thanks to my Epson family in this time of need!!

Much Love from Room 4912!!

No comments:

Post a Comment