Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday November 15, 2011

Hello Friends & Family!  Sorry for the delay in posting, I am officially taking over the blog now that I am home and Eric will be back to work full time tomorrow.  This morning I enjoyed the simple pleasures of sleeping in & the best sleep I've had in a month.  I will admit that I did wake up expecting my nurse visit at 6:00am, followed by my vital check at 7:30am and then breakfast at 8:30am.  Oh how nice it is to be home!  We got home from the hospital at about 1:30 yesterday, then we enjoyed our favorite Thai Taste meal before heading out to Walmart.  It was a beautiful day and I loved just being outside, seeing different views and feeling the sunshine.  Now today we are spending the day relaxing and enjoying our time together.  I'm not sure if I'll keep the post going daily since I won't be getting daily Dr. visits and reports.  Although, I will be getting a home nurse to take care of my Hickman (iv port), she comes tomorrow and then every three days.  I have my first weekly Dr.Visit for Wednesday of next week where I'll have another bone biopsy.  Let's hope it comes back clean again!  Thanks to Kristina Acuna for the beautiful scarf from NYC, fun stationary and nail care tools.  I love all of it and of course the beautiful card!  Also, thanks to Angela Wiens Holdeman for the big bags of Skittles, M&M's, puzzle book and awesome copies of pics from grade school (which I might have to scan and post!) I have already eaten half the bag of skittles and will most likely finish it today.  I can not thank you all enough for all the love and support both in prayers and thoughts as well as cards and gifts.  I am constantly overwhelmed with happiness when I read the cards enjoy the gifts, which I know has been key in helping me fight this cancer!  Signing off with love from house 6119!

No comments:

Post a Comment