Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday November 18, 2011

This morning we went for Dunkin Donuts followed by a country drive.  Enjoying two 'double doubles' and glazed donuts was a great way to start off the morning.  We love taking our country drives, I love to see all the trees in their beautiful fall colors and Eric just loves driving.

Last night we had the most delicious dinner all thanks to our good friends Bob & Linda Williams.  I've included pictures, that's how much we enjoyed the meal, we had to take pictures.  Bob & Linda thought of everything, a crock pot full of Buffalo Chicken Dip soup, bread bowls, a salad & home made dressing, dessert and a 6 pack of Labatt Blue.  It was the perfect meal for a Friday night and even more appropriate to enjoy before watching the Sabres beat the Hurricanes!  Seriously, thank you Linda & Bob it was a wonderful meal and was such a sweet thing for you to do for us.

Yesterday, I had to have my Hickman re-dressed thanks to a huge scab finally coming off.  I apologize if that is too much info.  I'm glad I called the home nurse otherwise I would have been uncomfortable all weekend.  Plus, the scab coming off means it's healing well.  Today, I must flush my Hickman ports, which is just a standard cleaning of the lines using saline & hepren lock.    It's strange having three long lines running out of your chest, they kind of get in the way since they hang about 18 inches.  I feel like I need to be plugged in to something.

Today has been named "Modern War Fare day" by Eric who plans on dominating this new game on the Xbox.  So I will be drawing and painting.  It's about time I picked up my old paints again.  It's a nice cold fall Saturday which I intend to enjoy.  I hope you all enjoy this day to the fullest!

Much love from 6119.

No comments:

Post a Comment