Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Funday

Hello friends and family, I hope your weekend has been awesome.  Mine has been great!  I cannot believe the change in Buster he is wonderful, he is calm and submissive, he pays attention to me and my commands.  We just got back from a walk and it was so peaceful. I hardly need the leash, it just lies slack in between us as we walk along.  We saw a dog, he got excited but immediately went in to sit when told.  I feel fabulous and my dog is fabulous.  I just want to take Buster everywhere and show him off.

Once I'm completely confident in his skills, we are going down to the city to take pictures of him in random beautiful places.  The trainer told me he is completely confident in Buster's skills I just have to trust them.  So far I do, it's amazing how much nicer our relationship is with him.  He is with us constantly but not driving us crazy, just being a part of our daily life which is how it's supposed to be.

In health news, I'm still feeling wonderful, I haven't puked in days and I've gained 3 lbs.  I told Eric, I don't want to be skin and bones, I want my butt back.  He laughed and said soon enough.  My hair is really coming in now, I spend a lot of time petting my head.  I'm sure people think it's weird but I like the feel of my hair, it's soft and fuzzy.

Well that's it for today, I'm finally, slowly picking up my pencil and paper, I should be painting soon.  Can't wait to have a well behaved dog while I paint.  I'm sure he'll try to get into a little trouble but now I can correct his habits before they become problems.  Yay!  I can't wait to start taking him around town, we'll be walking a lot more to different places.  If I can get him to sit or stay in a 'place' command it would be awesome.  The place command gets him to sit up on a different height or texture and he won't move from that area.  Like on the porch, he sat in our chairs not moving while we hung out with the dog trainer.  It's awesome, I highly recommend the Dog Wizard.

In sad doggy news, Buster's uncle Andy was attacked by two dogs recently in Wichita, KS.  Andy is a very lovable lab who wouldn't hurt a soul.  Dad and he sit out on the front porch almost every night.  Well on the eve of Friday the 13th, two stray dogs a bull mastiff and a boxer/mastiff mix came and attacked Andy.

Dad was trying to help the dogs, checking for collars when they just attacked.  Andy is doing well but he spent the night in a hospital!  Amazingly, Dad and a dog catcher caught the two dogs so no one else can get hurt. So sad and I hate to hear a Boxer was involved, thank goodness he wasn't full bred or I would really be sad.  I can't imagine Buster attacking anything but if raised the wrong way you never know what could happen.

Anyway, that's it for now.  Enjoy the weekend and take care of your loved ones.  Family and friends make life wonderful.  Much love from 6119.

No comments:

Post a Comment