Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 95

Hello friends and family, sorry I haven't written in a few days.  I've kind of felt like I didn't have much to say.  Now that I'm home I'm not going to clinic every day, it makes me not feel sick.  Now that I don't have my PICC line, I'm just like everyone else, except for my lack of hair.  It's so good to be home, I think it makes you feel better to sleep in your own bed.  Waking up in our own home, taking our typical Dunkin Donuts drive on the weekend.  It's all so fabulous.

Tomorrow I will bring Buster home!  I can't wait to see him.  I will leave early to drive up to Duke, my discharge class is at 10:00, once I'm done with that I'm going to pick up Buster.  We are going straight to Pet Smart to get his nails clipped and a bath.  Then we'll hit the road back to Charlotte.  Once he is home our life will be complete again.

Today, I've been super productive.  While I unpacked from the apartment I also cleaned out old clothes that I don't wear any more.  I even got Eric to get rid of a few items, a 1990s Structure rugby was one of the items.  We thought it might be considered a classic at this point.  Anyway, we ended up with 8 bags to donate to Good Will.  I just got back from dropping them off.  I still have a lot of unpacking to do but at least now I have more space.  Moving back here made me realize that I don't want to have all this excess stuff for our next move.  It feels good to get rid of old things, it's amazing how everything builds up and the next thing you know you have more stuff than you need.

Well that's it for today.  I'm so happy to be home and I'm feeling great.  Recovery is heading in the right direction.  I hope you all have happiness and peace in your life.  Much love from 6119.

1 comment:

  1. The Structure rugby literally made me laugh out loud! I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. Continue to take good care of yourself and stay on that road to recovery. I also was going to comment sooner about going back to school. I am thrilled that you are going back for teacher. You will be a natural - your kindness, patience and love of kids will make you an excellent teacher. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. XO

    ReplyDelete