Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I'm back!

Hello all, I hope life has been treating you well.  It's been good to us so we just keep enjoying each day as it comes.  I just got home from a long walk with Buster, we went to the green way where there are lots of dogs, people and bikes.  It's a perfect place to practice commands and it doesn't have a pond so I don't have to worry about Buster going for a swim.  In our neighborhood he jumps in the pond and plays around chasing sticks and barking at geese.  It's so cute to see him splashing around, then he'll come out and do speed laps around the pond, until he jumps back in again.  The only problem is that I have to give him a bath every time he goes for a swim.  I'm starting to see that he has sensitive skin so I can't bathe him to much.

Buster really is the best dog, he's been my co pilot, riding around town with his head out that window.  Sometimes he puts his paw on my shoulder, which is adorable. I must say though, he isn't very big when you compare him to other boxers.  I guess he has some more growing to do, he needs to get broader, beefier.  He's still beautiful and adorable and people love him.

In health news, I'm coming up on my 6 month anniversary for the bone marrow transplant.  I go to Duke on Thursday for my check up.  I'm thinking of bringing Buster so he can visit our friends Keifer, Keith and Beatriz.  They are the ones who took care of him while I was in the hospital.  I'm sure Buster would love to see them, they'll be surprised at how big he is now.

I've been feeling really good, no puking just some canker sores.  I never had canker sores before so I think they are a gift from my donor.  They suck, but it's not as bad as being sick.  My hair is coming in more, Eric can't see my scalp in the back but I still see it up top.  It seems to be a little lighter color, unless it's just more gray.  We'll see, I'm looking forward to having enough hair to put a cute barrette or head band in.

In closing, I would like to give a Happy Birthday wish to my niece Stephanie.  She turned 10 last week, they grow up so fast.  She's growing into a beautiful young lady, we look forward to seeing her and her brothers and sisters when we visit Buffalo.  It looks like we'll be there for labor day, which will be nice.

Well that's it from Charlotte.  I hope you have a fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment